A Little Secret....
I am going to start off this post with a positive note, I love skype. It's my new favourite way to keep communication around the world, so much better then using web cam over msn. I was able to speak with a friend of mine who i haven't spoken to in a long time. Speaking with people who i have met over the years, who also live far away provokes me to feel so content. It's like having two completely different lives, two different set of friends and another family. Doing the exchange was the best decision of my life and I am so proud of myself for sticking with french, honestly I don't know I would have survived without it. French is my life, it's something i strive to hear almost everyday. I can't explain it but it's almost like an addiction, learning and absorbing it all. To me using french in an English speaking area gives me the sense of speaking code, almost like an elite language suited for those who were blessed go obtain it. I use it when I'm angry, upset and also extremely happy. There are many different phrases used in this language that cannot be translated to the English language and make sense to an English spoken person.
Of course i wasn't born into a french family so I do have many moments where i don't understand, but you know that's what makes it so incredible. You could compare it to the honey moon stage of a relationship, where you are getting to know someone and truly figuring out who they are as well as what they have to offer...For me, french is constantly at this stage. I can't get enough of it! My friends sometimes don't understand my passion with it, they don't see the many doors being opened for me as i continue to descend deeper into the depths of the language. there are times where i wished they could understand my love for it, but then sometimes when a show, a book, a phrase or we meet a french person on the street i am ecstatic to say that I am the person they turn to for help to understand.
Anyways I think that's enough ranting tonight about how much i love the french language.
i have to edit some one's work so we will see how well that goes!
Ha ha.
Until the next time,
<3
Of course i wasn't born into a french family so I do have many moments where i don't understand, but you know that's what makes it so incredible. You could compare it to the honey moon stage of a relationship, where you are getting to know someone and truly figuring out who they are as well as what they have to offer...For me, french is constantly at this stage. I can't get enough of it! My friends sometimes don't understand my passion with it, they don't see the many doors being opened for me as i continue to descend deeper into the depths of the language. there are times where i wished they could understand my love for it, but then sometimes when a show, a book, a phrase or we meet a french person on the street i am ecstatic to say that I am the person they turn to for help to understand.
Anyways I think that's enough ranting tonight about how much i love the french language.
i have to edit some one's work so we will see how well that goes!
Ha ha.
Until the next time,
<3


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home